Politics Bauchi: Yuguda Withdrew N1bn in One Day Using one Hundred N10m Cheques - Gov Abubakar

L

LequteMan

Governor Mohammed Abubakar of Bauchi state on Wednesday accused his predecessor, Isah Yuguda, of siphoning N1bn from the state's treasury in one day using one hundred N10m cheques.

Gov Abubakar had constituted a panel to probe all contracts awarded by the previous administration. He said he doesn't have all the details yet but expressed confidence that it will all be exposed soon.

“I always feel shy of churning out figures I am not certain of. All I can say is definitely, there will be great revelations because the little I have seen, for example, I know of a situation in which in one day the sum of N1bn was taken out of one account of the government with N10m cheques.

“Several N10m cheques but I would not be able to put a figure on the total recovery because like I said, the work of the committee is ongoing.”

However, an aide of the former governor has denied the allegations, saying it's a smear campaign against Yuguda by the current administration.

Punch

Attachments

• Mohammed-Abdullahi-Abubakar2-648x330.jpg
    Mohammed-Abdullahi-Abubakar2-648x330.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 31
Back