Metro BBOG Member Condemns Buhari's Conduct During Meeting With Chibok Parents

L

LequteMan

A frontline members of the Bring Back Our Girls Group, Aisha Yesufu, in an interview with The Cable said she was shocked and saddened by the outcome of the meeting the group alongside parents of the missing Chibok girls, had with President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday.

She confirmed that the President walked out immediately after addressing them while stressing that the abduction of the girls happened during the last administration.

bbog.png

"The president said he had no credible intelligence on the missing Chibok girls. He said he is somebody who does not lie. And he will not start by lying. We are not saying the president should lie, but when you are saying there is no credible intelligence, and that the girls are scattered and married off; then how do we know? These are two things. And he said it (abduction of the Chibok girls) happened during the last administration. I find it very worrisome.

"I remember one of the parents asked what he meant by saying it happened in the last administration. Does it mean the girls will not be rescued? I would like the president to know that there is no vacuum in government. That it happened during the last administration is not an excuse. It is duty of the Nigerian government to ensure that the Chibok girls are rescued. It is their right and not a privilege.

"And where we have failed there is a need for us to apologise. As for me, I was terribly sad and shocked because the president did not look at the parents to say ‘we are sorry as a nation for your children who have been abducted for 21 months’. The president finished his speech, he dropped the microphone and walked out.

"And I thought that could have been a moment for him to connect with the parents. We will continue our campaign. We do not care who the head of the government is. It is duty of the Nigerian government to rescue the Chibok and we will continue making our demands. The government should stop the excuses.” she said.

Back