Metro Benue Killings: Buhari Has Abandoned Us, I Am Losing Control - Gov Ortom Cries Out

M

mrsam

Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State, has accused President Muhammadu Buhari of abandoning him and the people of the state.

Ortom said that the cabal around the president have been deliberately frustrating the attempt by the state government to present the true picture of what is happening in the state for selfish reasons.

He also said he was losing control of situations of things in the state as the people now take laws into their hands.

The Governor spoke with Vanguard, saying, “Let me be frank. The Federal Government has not done enough. When this incidence started with the threat from the president and secretary of Miyetti Allah, Kauta Hore, who addressed a press conference and issued threats that they will do everything possible to frustrate the Benue State Government from implementing the anti-open grazing law, we quickly drew the attention of the Inspector General of Police, the Director General of the Department of State Services, DSS, and even the office of the National Security Adviser.

‘’The leadership of Miyetti Allah called the law names: that it was draconian and had no place in the 21st century. We saw that as a threat to our existence and in June 2016, we reported to the then acting president (Prof. Yemi Osinbajo) and to our surprise, these people were not apprehended.

“When they saw that no one was going to apprehend them, they went further to issue more threats. In October 2016, we reminded the IGP, the DSS and the NSA of the potential violence that we faced in Benue State as a result of the threat from the Miyetti Allah. We, specifically, demanded that the two officers of the Miyetti Allah, the secretary and the president, be arrested, but unfortunately, they were not arrested. I do not know why the Federal Government has abandoned us. If they had acted that time, we would not have gotten to where we are today.

Attachments

• ortom.jpg
    ortom.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 12
Back