Metro Biafra: IPOB & MASSOB's Agitation is Different from Ojukwu's - APC Chief

L

LequteMan

Dr. George Moghalu, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, has stated that the current agitation for Biafra is different from what was experienced in the 60's.

Speaking in an interview, he urged leaders of Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, and Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, to embrace dialogue in their agitation instead of violence.

“Biafra is the state of the mind, and Biafra they are talking about now is not the Biafra of 60s. The point I am making is if there are issues we feel very strongly about as a people let us put it on the table and discuss it logically, so we can protect our interest and not violently.

“In a democratic process the only acceptable way to do things is to dialogue. I have told my people, South-Easterners, to create an opening for us to discuss with government (national, state or local) without threatening the sovereignty of the nation. You may have a good case and present it wrongly.

“For me is not about fighting or demanding for a sovereign state and is not about that. We are all committed to this sovereign state called Nigeria. What we are saying is let there be dialogue”, he appealed.

Vanguard

Attachments

• ojukwu.jpg
    ojukwu.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 20
Back