Politics Biafra is For Igbos Alone - Victor Attah

A

abujagirl

Obong Victor Attah, the former Governor of Akwa Ibom State has addressed the ongoing agitation for Biafra and the clamour for the restructuring of Nigeria.

attah.jpg

According to THE SUN, Attah said it would be useless to go into back-and-forth argument over Bifra with IPOB or any other group in Nigeria.

“I’m not prepared to go into any kind of nonsense dialogue but I have made my statement; go and read my statement again. I have said it. In fact, this group (IPOB) is a misguided group.

“Have you read the leaders of thought of Igbo land? I have read them and even the latest one by Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife. All of them corroborate my statement that the Igbo will be very happy in a just and fair Nigeria. They went to Owerri and said: ‘We are not going to complain about this again; we just want to claim our rights as major stakeholders.’ How does that tally with Biafra?

“These are Igbos starting from (Chief Emeka) Anyaoku, who suggested six zones; and one of the six zones is South East, if I know the history and geography of Nigeria; the other is South South. So which of the zones are we talking about?

“I would rather go with those leaders whom I believe know what they are talking about and who have corroborated my position very clearly that all we need is a fair and just Nigeria, that all of us will be very happy to belong to.

“For people who want history lessons, tell them that the Biafra that they are talking about, that Philip Effiong belonged to; that N. U. Akpan belonged to, and all those people they can name; that Biafra wrote an instrument of surrender to Nigeria and came back to Nigeria. So which Biafra are we talking about that include Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa and all that?

“But all the same, I am too old to get into any nonsense argument because this is a nonsense argument. We are talking serious matter here and that is how to build the country and make it better for all of us to belong to and be happy.

“For me, Biafra cannot be the starting point of the argument. If you try to build Nigeria and in the end you cannot reach an understanding, then you can talk about how you can go your separate ways. But until then, that should not be the starting point.

“Everybody is affected. Go and read my statement; I said that we don’t have common concerns. We have sectional agencies; that is why I said that we are still in the process of trying to mould and establish a country.

“That is why I said that (President Muhammadu) Buhari clearly cannot be right when he said that those conditions cannot be negotiated. Those conditions must be negotiated so that we all will be happy to belong in a Nigeria that we all contribute and say this is the country we want.”

Sir, Obong Attah, fine and dandy you and your so called prominent Igbos prefer one restructured real fiscal federal Nigeria based on the six zones. But the north doesn't buy into that. Recall that was the great Ojukwu's stand in Aburi that could have averted the genocidal war by Nigeria on Biafra. Sir Obong, recall the recent national conference that most prominent and elderly Nigerians approved the same zonal fiscal federalism but now despot Buhari thinks he owns Nigeria and doesn't care what the masses that elected him feel. His idea is to keep Nigeria one through killer soldiers and intimidation. So now sir, how come you and your so called prominent Igbos are so inconsequential and disrespected by Buhari and his northern cohorts and will not listen to you? If they disrespected the great Ikemba, why do you think they will agree with you? IPOB scribes studied Nigeria problems meticulously before they started agitating for Biafra's restoration. The north has domination and islamization agenda. I'm disappointed you are not seeing it with your elderly wisdom.

Sir, Obong Attah, fine and dandy you and your so called prominent Igbos prefer one restructured real fiscal federal Nigeria based on the six zones. But the north doesn't buy into that. Recall that was the great Ojukwu's stand in Aburi that could have averted the genocidal war by Nigeria on Biafra. Sir Obong, recall the recent national conference that most prominent and elderly Nigerians approved the same zonal fiscal federalism but now despot Buhari thinks he owns Nigeria and doesn't care what the masses that elected him feel. His idea is to keep Nigeria one through killer soldiers and intimidation. So now sir, how come you and your so called prominent Igbos are so inconsequential and disrespected by Buhari and his northern cohorts and will not listen to you? If they disrespected the great Ikemba, why do you think they will agree with you? IPOB scribes studied Nigeria problems meticulously before they started agitating for Biafra's restoration. The north has domination and islamization agenda. I'm disappointed you are not seeing it with your elderly wisdom.
Attah is not Igbo

Back