Politics Biafra: Ojukwu and I Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One, United - Buhari

P

ProfRem

President Muhammadu Buhari Monday morning issued a stern warning to those issuing ultimatum to other ethnic groups living in their community.

The President said, himself and late Chief Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu came to the conclusion that the country must remain one and united after the failed Biafra encounter.

He recalled his encounter with the leader of the failed Biafra Republic, the late Chief Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu in 2003.

ojukwu n Buhari.JPG

“After I joined partisan politics, the late Chief Emeka Ojukwu came and stayed as my guest in my hometown Daura. Over two days we discussed in great depth till late into the night and analysed the problems of Nigeria. We both came to the conclusion that the country must remain one and united.”

Buhari went on: “I am charging the security agencies not to let the successes achieved in the last 18 months be a sign to relax.

“Kidnappings, farmers versus herdsmen clashes, in addition to ethnic violence fuelled by political mischief makers. We shall tackle them all”.

Back