Sports Blatter Threatens Real And Atletico Madrid With Transfer Window Ban

Suspended Fifa president, Sepp Blatter, has disclosed that Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid may be banned for players transfer irregularities following the investigations carried out by FIFA on the two Madrid teams.

Blatter.jpg

The embattled fifa president said the world football governing body are close to concluding their investigations as Blatter has called for the two clubs in the Spanish capital to face the same punishment if they are found guilty.

Barcelona will be able to register new players after serving teo transfer window ban following the signing of an underage player two seasons ago.

The European champions were barred from signing players for two transfer windows after breaking rules concerning the purchase of players under the age of 18.

"The Fifa Disciplinary Committee did indeed open similar files on Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid for the same infractions committed by Barcelona," Blatter told Mundo Deportivo.

"I know they are now closed, but I do not know what the sanctions are because they are independent committees and at the moment I cannot even enter Fifa, I am suspended.

"If Barca were sanctioned for breaking Fifa regulations and the two Madrid clubs have committed identical misdeeds, normally they should be sanctioned in the same way."

Blatter suggested that the heavy penalty received by Barcelona could be related to the confrontational manner in which they disputed their case.

"Barca might have got it wrong in going to war against Fifa after seriously infringing the rules," he said. "It might have been better to try and seek an agreement, that always works better in football." BBC

Back