Politics Borno Senator is working for Boko Haram – Military

Vunderkind

Social Member
The Nigerian military has launched a ‘discreet probe’ into the activities of a senator from Borno state, who is currently being accused of being sympathetic to the cause of the Boko Haram terrorist group.

ThisDay newspaper reports that “Senator Ahmed Khalifa Zanna who was alleged to have breached the State of Emergency Rule Act through unguarded utterances and acts aimed at causing disaffection among troops engaged in the anti-terror war with the aim of causing mutiny was already on the run.”

Apparently, the senator had granted interviews to BBC Hausa, BBC English, Aljazeera and Sahara reporters, interviews which have revealed his “connections and contacts with insurgents.”

A source revealed that the senator is now on the run, and “has for several occasions flouted the State of Emergency Rule Act with unguarded utterances and inciting statements in sympathy for Boko Haram.

"We noted that he has been consistently doing this on BBC Hausa Service, BBC Television, Aljazeera and Saharareporters; claiming that the military has failed against the terrorists. He also boasted that the Boko Haram the military claimed to have destroyed are still intact and waxing stronger, meaning he knows where the hideouts of the insurgents are".

The source said the video interview showed that the Borno senator knew so much about Boko Haram that it was only logical to conclude that he had affinity to the terrorists. “This senator needs to tell us what he knows about the Boko Haram insurgents that we don’t because it seems he knows more too much about them and he needs to explain to us his relationship with these people.

"He is the one behind those funny stories in the media that our troops are running away from the insurgents. He said the military has done more harm than the Boko Haram insurgents.

"This man's most damning comment during the interview regarding the continuing fight against the Islamist group is that he believes the military has been very lenient with Boko Haram."

The senator, however, has disputed the allegations, stating that the military is free to arrest him if that was what it needed to do. Speaking with ThisDay last night, Zannah said “If they have anything against me, they are free to arrest me. Did I say anything wrong? While they (troops) where there, why were Boko Haram attacking people, including in my home town? I've nothing to fear."

Attachments

• zanna.jpg
    zanna.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 224
Back