World Brazilian to Wed Goat

A

abujagirl

Goat-dressed-for-wedding.jpg

A Brazilian man, Aparecido Castaldo, 74, has decided to marry his pet goat, Carmelita.

London Evening Standard reported that, the wedding is scheduled for 13 October in Igreja do Diabo, or Devil’s Church, in the city of Jundiai, Brazil.

Carmelita ate her first wedding dress but has been found another.

Castaldo claims to have been in love with the pet for over two years, and has promised that the marriage will not be consummated.

Castaldo who is a widower has eight children from four previous marriages. “Whenever someone says I am doing something wrong I reply the goat does not speak, ask for money to go shopping and doesn’t get pregnant – and she can’t talk”, Castaldo told the press.

What I don't understand is this statement: “Whenever someone says I am doing something wrong I reply the goat does not speak, ask for money to go shopping and doesn’t get pregnant – and she can’t talk." I believe he said that to justify why he is marrying the goat, but I don't get the point.

Also, why marry the goat if it will not lead to consummation? I am trying to understand the man's mindset, and I keep hitting brick walls.

Meanwhile, did anyone notice that he is getting married in "Devil's Church"?

Back