Metro Bride-to-be tests HIV positive, commits suicide in Benue -Daily Post

A

abujagirl

Pandemonium broke out in Usar community of Kwande local government area of Benue State recently when a lady allegedly committed suicide few days to her wedding.

It was learnt that the deceased simply identified as Miss Joy Ngufan Iorzaa, was engaged to one Aondover Auva Shande of the same community and both were scheduled to get married before the unfortunate incident occurred.

It was gathered that the late Iorzaa was found dead, hanging on a tree.

However, more trouble started when the family of the deceased and some members of the community demanded immediate explanation from her fiancé, Shande.

After the corpse had been discovered, it was gathered that Iorzaa must have committed suicide after medical autopsy proved that both she and Shande had tested positive to a HIV/AIDS test.

SOURCE: Daily Post

Read more at http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/11/01/bride-to-be-tests-hiv-positive-commits-suicide-in-benue/?wt=2

upload_2013-11-2_8-52-6.png

This is just tragic. She could have still lived a productive life if the community could provide support and with the right drugs.
Was she infected by him :)

Was she infected by him :)
That question is the pivot of this story, Zacman. I want to say she wasn't, because everything logical suggests that she hung herself because her unfaithfulness would be out in the open. Perhaps the HIV test was part of the usually required pre-nup test, and sooner or later, her betrothed would have found out. I don't think she hung herself, for example, because her life had been truncated, or because the drugs were unavailable to treat her disease.

I think she killed herself because of the shame of facing the community - alone. If her husband had given her the disease, she probably would have slandered him or something, or worked with him to conceal the shameful issue and forge ahead (unlikely) - but not kill herself.

I could be wrong though. There are other factors I haven't factored in here.

That question is the pivot of this story, Zacman. I want to say she wasn't, because everything logical suggests that she hung herself because her unfaithfulness would be out in the open. Perhaps the HIV test was part of the usually required pre-nup test, and sooner or later, her betrothed would have found out. I don't think she hung herself, for example, because her life had been truncated, or because the drugs were unavailable to treat her disease.

I think she killed herself because of the shame of facing the community - alone. If her husband had given her the disease, she probably would have slandered him or something, or worked with him to conceal the shameful issue and forge ahead (unlikely) - but not kill herself.

I could be wrong though. There are other factors I haven't factored in here.

@The_HeadCase - makes sense. But we might never know. The norm is usually the males doing the infecting.

Back