Metro #BringBackOurGirls Unhappy With APC Claim Of Affiliation

A

abujagirl

Hadiza Bala Usman, the Convener/Initiator of the #BringBackOurGirls movement, has expressed displeasure of the recent rumours linking the movement with the All Progressives Congress, APC.

According to LEADERSHIP, in a press release issued yesterday, Usman, stated that although she was an APC member, the #BringBackOurGirls movement had nothing to do with the party.

Part of the press release read, "I, Hadiza Bala Usman, the Convener/Initiator of the #BringBackOurGirls movement, is a member of the APC, and there has been no time I have hidden this fact or tried to mask it. But let’s be clear: when I worked to mobilise women, men, and Nigerians in general to come out on April 30 to protest that the government should intensify efforts to #BringBackOurGirls, I did so not as an APC member, but first as a human being, as a woman, a mother, a Nigeria and an African: it was never about politics and/or my political affiliations; it was rather about our shared humanity as human beings. As a mother, I have experienced the trauma of not knowing where my child is for few minutes; does it then surprise many why I would be moved to act on behalf of mothers who are yet to see their daughters for two weeks (at the first instance) and now over 189 days after.

"This moment, therefore, offers for us a unique chance to stand united as a nation, whether you are in PDP, APGA, APC, or any political party, Christian or Muslim, from the North or the South.

"The issue of the abducted Chibok girls is an opportunity to unite and not divide – to unite against insurgency, terrorism, and every common enemy that seeks to divide us as a people.

"We must unite to ensure that every girl and boy in Nigeria has equal access to education. We must unite to change the narrative that no matter one’s tribe, gender, religion, social strata, interests, and political affiliations, we can all come together as one to transform our beloved nation for the best".

#APC #Chibok

bring back our girls.jpg

Back