Politics Buhari Calls On Other APC Presidential Aspirants to Step Down For Him

A

abujagirl

Muhammadu Buhari, former military head of state has called on other presidential aspirants on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC to emulate Bukola Saraki and step down for him(Buhari).

According to THIS DAY, a statement issued on behalf of Buhari Campaign Organisation by Mr. Osita Okechukwu, said, "There is no doubt that Saraki is eminently qualified to run for president going by his enviable achievements as Governor of Kwara State, being the heir of the political dynasty of the famous majority leader of the Second Republic Senate, Dr Abubakar Olusola Saraki, of blessed memory and the decisive role he played in enriching the APC with progressives from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

"We are grateful that he agrees with the Buahri Campaign Organisation by saying, ‘I don’t think that our party can afford too much internal rancour going into next year’s election. I therefore think some of us need to make the sacrifice and be part of the solution, rather than part of the problem.’ It is our position that consensus is better than acrimonious, gruesome and monetised indirect primary".

"In summary, like Senator Saraki said, to salvage the country, our great party must be united, cohesive and mobile; otherwise the ruling PDP that boasted to rule Nigeria uninterrupted for 60 years, that has polarised the country into ethno-religious fragments and squandered our riches, will further impoverish the citizenry,” the group said.

"We need to change the way the country is run, we need change in our security and the values we place on human life, we need to change the current disgraceful situation in security and corruption. And I believe only the APC can bring about this change and give our country the leadership it deserves,” he said.

#Buhari #Saraki #APC #PDP

buhari.jpg

Back