Politics Buhari Reacts to David Cameron's Comment Calling Nigeria a "Fantastically Corrupt" Country

L

LequteMan

President Muhammadu Buhari has stated that he found as “embarrassing” a statement credited to the UK Prime Minister, David Cameron, describing Nigeria as a “fantastically corrupt” country.

Mr. Cameron was on Tuesday afternoon caught on camera ridiculing Nigeria as a “fantastically corrupt” country.

In a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media, Garba Shehu, Buhari said the remark was wrongly timed and in bad faith.

“This is embarrassing to us, to us say the least, given the good work that the President is doing, Mr. Buhari said. “The eyes of the world are on what is happening here.”

Mr. Buhari argued that the, “Prime Minister must be looking at an old snapshot of Nigeria. Things are changing with corruption and everything else”.

He however, welcomed the remarks by the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, who said President Buhari was not corrupt.

“Thank you to the Archbishop. We have great admiration for the good relationship between our two countries,” Mr. Buhari said.

I don't know why Buhari should be embarassed,when he was junketing alover the world telling people that nigerians are corrupt,It is the name you gave your dog that is what people will follow you to call, Buhari utrancies abroad has done inreparable damage to the image of this country.

I don't know why Buhari should be embarassed,when he was junketing alover the world telling people that nigerians are corrupt,It is the name you gave your dog that is what people will follow you to call, Buhari utrancies abroad has done inreparable damage to the image of this country.

Is David name not mentioned in panama scam,plus corruption is foreign to Africa,it's an English word for God sake.
You should read your comment back to yourself again, slowly.

While I strongly condemn David Cameron for making the statement, your comment is simply wrong on many different levels.

Back