Politics Buhari Reveals 31 Year-old Secret- Why I Was Removed From Power by IBB

L

LequteMan

Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari has stated that he was overthrown in a military coup 31 years ago because he was bent on riding the military hierarchy of corruption.

According to him, senior military leaders, led by a former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida, and General Aliyu Gusau, removed him in August 1985, to save themselves from his wrath.

“I learnt,” he said, “that Aliyu Gusau, who was in charge of intelligence, took import licence from the Ministry of Commerce which was in charge of supplies and gave it to Alhaji Mai Deribe.

"It was worth N100,000, a lot of money at that time. I confronted them and took the case to the Army Council in a memo...I wanted Gusau punished," he said in the current edition of The Interview.

However, Babangida had said in the December edition of The Interview that there was nothing in the memo which Buhari said he submitted to the Army Council.

"Don't forget that I was one of Buhari’s closest aides. I was the chief of army staff. So, I had an important position, an important role to play in that administration. I don't think it had to do with a memo," Babangida said.

But in a tone which revealed that the past might neither have been forgotten nor forgiven, Buhari challenged Babangida and Gusau to come clean on why they removed him, asking The Interview to choose whose story to believe.

Attachments

• buhari no send.jpg
    buhari no send.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 19
Back