Politics Buhari Speaks About His Meeting With Osinbajo in London

P

ProfRem

President Muhammadu Buhari said he invited Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to London on July 11 because he was impressed with the way he used his intellect to run Nigeria as acting president.

Speaking at the Council Chambers of the Aso Rock Presidential Villa in Abuja at a meeting with the Nigerian Governors Forum, Buhari described Osinbajo’s efforts as commendable, saying he personally thanked him in the UK.

“The efforts by the vice president are commendable. He used his intellect to run all over the place. I was seeing him 24 hours on NTA. I congratulate him. I allowed him to come and see me to thank him personally for what he has done,” Buhari said.

Buhari Osinbajo At 60.jpg

He thanked the governors for their leadership approaches in their respective states.

“I had so much time to watch NTA. I heard so much information about the states. I am very pleased with the states, you are all doing your best and you are lucky your best is proving to be good enough on agriculture and solid minerals. You are succeeding in agriculture because I think people cannot afford foreign food,” he said.

The president said he was very happy with the national prayers for his recovery, adding that the love shown him by Nigerians had greatly boosted his morale.

Back