Politics Buhari's Handlers Copying From Yar'Adua's Playbook, Is Our President Alive ?

A

abujagirl

Ailing President Muhammadu Buhari's handlers seem to be taking lessons from Late President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua.

Buhari and Yar'adua.jpg

In a surprise move, President Buhari's aides have sent an audio recording of their ailing boss felicitating with Nigerians about the completion of Ramadan and Eid-el Fitr. Buhari has been out of the country for medical treatment since May 7, 2017.

READ: President Buhari Sends Voice Message to Nigerians

In 2010, after weeks of silence from the presidency , Yar'Adua did a three minute audio interview with BBC to prove that he is still alive.

"At the moment I am undergoing treatment, and I'm getting better from the treatment. I hope that very soon there will be tremendous progress, which will allow me to get back home," he told Mansur Liman from the BBC Hausa service, speaking in both Hausa and English.

Yar'Adua's audio was done a day after the Nigerian atmosphere was saturated with the rumour of the demise of the President. There has been several rumours of President Buhari's death.

The question on the mind of many Nigerians is - Is President Buhari alive?

Back