Politics Bulletproof Cars - Reps Recommend Three-Year Jail Term for Oduah - Leadership

curator

Administrator
The minister of aviation, Princess Stella Oduah, compelled the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) to purchase the two BMW bulletproof cars that cost N255m, lawmakers have stated.

They added that Oduah should face the consequence of spending public money on unbudgeted expenditure such as the purchase of the cars: a three-year jail term and a fine of N100, 000.

These are part of recommendations of the report of the House Committee on Aviation which investigated the allegation that the minister asked NCAA to purchase two armoured BMW cars for her at the rate of N255m.

The report reads: "That the contract for the purchase of the cars was not listed in the budget by NCAA, the agency compelled by the minister to make the purchase, and was not listed by the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) and the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA).

Click here to read more

stella-oduah.jpg

Until I see her being led away in handcuffs to serve her jail term, I'd like to take my stand with Biblical Thomas.

"She's to face the consequences of spending public money on unbudgeted expenditures..." This line is just funny and so uncalled for. Except I'm now living in a strange country, but are these people any better?

Let he who is without sin be the first to cast a stone. Apparently everybody now enjoys throwing stones these days.

Justice would only be served if/when the recommendations are put into effect.

Until then, allow me sip my kunu in peace...

Its all in GEJ's hands now. I think he's going to sack her. The pressure will be too much if he doesn't. 2015 is just about 400 days away.

Back