Sports CA Bastia move will boost my World Cup chances- Mba

Super Eagles midfielder Sunday Mba has said that joining French Ligue 1 side, CA Bastia will boost his chances of playing at the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil.

Mba scored the lone goal that gave the Eagles their third AFCON title against the Stallions of Burkina Faso in the final Last year February in Johannesburg.

"My dream is to play in the World Cup with Nigeria and to fulfill that desire I have to keep playing and regain my confidence,” Mba told BBC Sport.

"Playing here will help me to stay in a good shape psychologically, mentally and physically to prepare and fight for a World Cup place.

"It was a very frustrating time after the Nations Cup, training hard but not getting the chance to play competitively."

The 25 year old midfielder said that he also plans to help his struggling team get promotion to the French topflight.

"Hopefully now I can get back on track and get my career going again and just be happy to be playing.

"I know what is at stake here and that the club could go down but I'm prepared to give my best to help them stay up.

"My immediate target is to start playing as soon as possible and to make important contributions that will help our league position,” he concluded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back