Sports CAF Awards: I lost to a better coach - Manu Garba

keshi 1.JPG

Golden Eaglets coach Manu Garba has no problems having lost coach of the year award to Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi.

Keshi was last week named as the best coach for 2013,beating Manu Garba and Burkina Faso's coach Paul Put,to the award.

Garba who coached the Golden Eaglets national team to the FIFA under 17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates last year,believes that he lost the award to a better coach.

“For me, this is a personal honour and recognition to be among the three best coaches in Africa. I felt truly honoured and can only say that I am satisfied with the result”, Garba was quoted as saying on Vanguard Sports.

On Keshi’s choice as winner, Graba added: “he deserves the award and I do not have any regret losing to a better coach, who is also my senior on the job. That two Nigerian coaches were on the shortlist of the final nominees speaks a lot of what we are doing for our country and we can only hope for a better future.”

Garba who is expected to to take over as coach of the Flying Eagles said that he will continue to work harder now,having even been recognised by CAF.

“This recognition by CAF has increased my desire to always go for the best in this game. I cannot rest on my laurels, now that I have been brought to the limelight by the nomination”, said Garba.

Back