Metro "Catholics will go to hell, Pope Francis is the Anti-Christ" - Chris Okotie

Vunderkind

Social Member
Pastor-Chris-Okotie2.jpg

Pastor Chris Okotie left his congregation shocked on Sunday (yesterday) when he said that all Catholics in the world will go to hell when they die because they are worshippers of Satan and are led by a Pope who is Anti-Christ and a friend of the Devil.

The fifty-five year old pastor made this controversial statement while he was preaching in his church, Household of God Church in Ikeja, Lagos. He said the Catholic church was a counterfeit church created by Satan. He accused catholics of bowing to idols and crucifying Jesus by eating His flesh and drinking His blood every Sunday.

“They are not Christians and have never been,” Okotie insisted, to the wide-eyed shock of his congregation.

“They don’t know Jesus. They believe that when they eat bread on Sundays, they are eating the body of Jesus. It’s ritual."

He said Pope Francis is Anti-Christ, doing the bidding of the devil and that it was only a matter of time before the Catholic church came out to declare full service to Satan.

He urged his congregation to save the Catholics by evangelizing to them. He added that all he was saying wasn't out of disrespect. Rather, he was showing respect for the word of God.

He added that it was only fair that those who knew the truth should bring it to those who didn't in the Catholic church. He said that Pope John Paul II, one of the most revered popes in recent Catholic history, had handed over the Catholic Church to Mary, earthly mother of Jesus, and that the current Pope (Francis) had done the same thing, instead of surrendering it to Jesus Christ Himself.

He said that, while he didn't write the bible, it was obvious that Catholics aren't Christians and they do not serve the same Christ he preaches about in the bible. He added that Catholics didn't even believe in hell, but in purgatory ("the purgatory that they invented," he added)

Pastor Chris Okotie has been married twice, and divorced twice, and he announced that there would be a beauty pageant to announce the most beautiful woman in his church next Sunday. His yearly "Grace Programme" will also hold next Sunday.

The former music star, who is now a politician of sorts has always been a controversial character in Nigeria. He once said that it was the devil who informed him that he was going to be a preacher. Pastor Chris Okotie once said the famous Prophet T.B. Joshua was the son of the devil and his congregation will wind up in hell.

Pastor Chris Okotie has announced frequently in recent times that God has anointed him to be president of Nigeria. Alas, the prophecy hasn't come to fruition yet, as he has lost in the two presidential elections he contested in.

Some things are best left unsaid- even if you believe you are right.
Saying it to the public makes it look worse.
You have your own belief, fine. That doesn't make other people's beliefs wrong or right.
He'd face serious heat if twas in Europe or the west.

It'll be interesting what @curator thinks of this.

Pastor Chris Okotie is a media junkie. Once he's out of the spotlight, his body will be doing him one kain and he'll feel the uncontrolled need to pull a stunt that gets him, for better or worse, that much-craved-for publicity.

Well - he was a popular musician before I was born, so he may have developed his insatiable appetite for the camera then, and now that God (oops, sorry; he said it was the devil) called him, he's been suffering serious withdrawal symptoms.

This is his latest attempt to swivel the spotlight in his general direction once more.

We need to get this pastor to media rehab, STAT.

It is all showbiz. He needed to get into the 'light' and this was perfect. He is man of the moment and I am sure enjoying all the attention :)

Is he any different from the others?

Of what use is a publicity if its gotten in the wrong way? A lot of Nigerians might egg him on buh the Pope won't forgive him.

in the words of
the famous Brendan Behan, "There
is no such thing as bad publicity
except your own obituary."

And I'm not even sure about the obituary thing :(
Wow. I'm just hearing this for the first time. Buh that's just sick- seeking publicity by all means.
I prefer to hide in the background, pulling the strings and controlling my puppets.

It is all showbiz. He needed to get into the 'light' and this was perfect. He is man of the moment and I am sure enjoying all the attention :)

Is he any different from the others?

There are still a few holy men around who won't do such in order to be a pop star.

chris okotie is a fool!! who is he to decide if someone goes to heaven or hell...he talks as if he knows God and who God wants in his kingdom, is he sure he will go to heaven. what blasphemy, saying the catholic church worships the devil, says we invented purgatory and now calls the pope anti christ.. HE IS A FAKE MAN OF GOD, NO WONDER HE LOST THE ELECTION WHEN HE CONTESTED. IF HE WAS GENUINE GOD WOULD HAVE STOOD BY HIM. EVEN AY MOCKS HIM..

Back