Politics CCT Trial: Senate President, Saraki May Resign Any Moment [Vanguard]

P

ProfRem

Following yesterday’s commencement of the Code of Conduct Tribunal trial over false assets declaration when he held sway as governor of Kwara State, Senate President, Bukola Saraki may throw in the towel by resigning from his position any movement from now, Vanguard newspaper gathered.

According to source, some senators including those who had vowed to remain with him to the end of his trial at the anti-graft court, yesterday, asked the Senate President to consider the resignation option so as to save the Senate, as an institution.

sar.jpeg

Vanguard also gathered that the option was thrown to him at a special meeting held by a group of some loyal senators, who followed him to his Maitama residence, shortly after the end of yesterday’s trial at the court.

But as Saraki is considering the option, senators of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, appeared to be at loggerhead with their counterparts in the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, over the Senate President’s successor.

In as much as I don't encourage public servants to peddle corruption, but my opinion is that Saraki's trial is politically motivated.

However, in other to save the Nigeria Legislative Arm of Government of International disrepute, he should throw in the towel and resign, just like the PM of Iceland did.

I just don't understand when people say a trial is "politically motivated." The simple consideration is whether an accused is culpable or not. I think the eleventh commandment should always hold sway: "Do not be caught!" Shikena!

I just don't understand when people say a trial is "politically motivated." The simple consideration is whether an accused is culpable or not. I think the eleventh commandment should always hold sway: "Do not be caught!" Shikena!
There we go. Typical. APC.

I am smiling! I am addicted to 2+2=4 any day, sirs: simple truth. I am just but a teacher, sirs. If I fail, don't teach well, or teach wrongly, generations suffer. @Lequte, there is always a first time. @Prince Colin, the law has always been there since 13 years and beyond. Corrupt regimes simply failed to enforce it. In the fullness of time, we shall all reflect and speak to this period of our national life.

I am smiling! I am addicted to 2+2=4 any day, sirs: simple truth. I am just but a teacher, sirs. If I fail, don't teach well, or teach wrongly, generations suffer. @Lequte, there is always a first time.

Are the same people in the old PDP not the ones in APC now? Why would you expect anything different from them??

I still don't agree with my friends. The thing is perception is stronger than the reality sometimes. Buhari, Tinubu, Akande, Osinbajo, Bakare, Danbazau, and numerous others have never been in PDP. The defectors that people see are only but foot soldiers. Soldiers come, soldiers go, barrack remains. The soul of change still remains with its movers. @PatrickGilbert, the planted yam head must rot before fresh ones sprout. The tailor must cut into pieces before a befitting garment is made. It takes more time to return a sword into its scabbard than to draw it. An injury is sustained within seconds, but its cure takes far more time. Any quick fixes in governance is deceit.

Back