Sports CHAN: Agbim is responding to 'psychological tuning' confirms Team's psychologist

T

Titilope Adeuja

Team psychologist of the Super Eagles Robinson Okosun has revealed that goalkeeper Chigozie Agbim has been put through some psychological sessions.

Agbim has come under intense criticisms following some of his blips in the early stages of the African Nations Championship(CHAN).

Okosun said on Thursday, that Agbim's confidence has grown after the errors against Mali and Mozambique as he has been off the social media and restricted from taking distracting calls.

“By and large, I think he is coping so well. Also, like I said, I still maintain my restriction on him from visiting facebook. And of course, to also to reduce the level of calls he takes, the calls I expect him to take the ones from his parents and his friends, and not the ones that will discourage him.

“But, by and large, I think he is coping fine, he is responding very well to the psychological tuning given to him.

He visited with other team mates in the squad to build their morale and “to appraise, tell individual players what I discovered in the match.

“But having said that, I am going to have the last and final session with the team on Friday and they are ready to go.’’

rsz_1rsz_pic_2_super_eagles_awards_-_copy.jpg

Last edited:
Back