Sports Chelsea 0 - 0 Arsenal: Arsene Wenger and Antonio Conte's Post-Match Comments

L

LequteMan

Chelsea played a goalless draw with Arsenal on Sunday at the Stamford Bridge in an exciting encounter.

Arsenal created more chances but failed to find the back of the net. Chelsea struggled against their opponents, their two-man midfield overwhelmed by Arsenal's energetic and pacy players. David Luiz also saw a straight red card after a horrendous foul on Kolasinac.

Speaking after the game, Arsenal Manager Arsene Wenger said:

"It was about mentality and a response from our last away game. We could have won it. It was an intense game.

"The battle was total. We are not in a transfer period and on the day we played Liverpool that affected us. We are all human beings.

"If you play 55 games a season you can have a bad performance.

"But we were focused and determined. We tried to play when we had the ball and we were close to winning the game. With a bit more freedom we would have won the game.

"David Luiz, it looked excessive force to me, at what level did he catch Kolasinac? I don't know."

On his part, Chelsea Manager Antonio Conte said:

"It was a good, open game with both teams trying to win.

"Every game against Arsenal is always very tough, we knew very well what type of game to face. Both teams are great teams, it's a good draw.

"David Luiz, you know very well that I don't like to comment about the referee. I don't do it in the past, or the present. You need to see what happened before the tackle.

"We have great respect for officials, but it is strange to finish a third game in a row against Arsenal with 10 men."

Attachments

• antonio-conte-arsene-wenger.jpg
    antonio-conte-arsene-wenger.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 16
Back