Chelsea delaying to make third bid for Rooney

Chelsea appears not to have given up their interest in signing Wayne Rooney,but will delay to make a third bid for the player till after the game against Manchester United on Monday.
Jose Mourinho while speaking after his side victory against Aston Villa,said that they will halt their pursuit of Rooney until after both team play next week,in order to respect Manchester United.
“I don’t want Chelsea to do it before we go there,” Mourinho said .
“I think this period, by the ethical point of view, is a period where we’re going to be quiet,” the Portuguese manager added.
Mourinho once claimed that Rooney is their only transfer target,but had to back-track after United’s hard-ball on selling the player.
Meanwhile there are reports that Chelsea is putting finishing touches in a deal for Cameroonian striker,Samuel Eto’o.
Before the game against Villa,Mourinho did admit that there are other plans: “We have plans B and C. Don’t ask me names. It’s difficult to speak about players from other clubs,” he had said.
“We have the conditions to try to improve our team by bringing in one more player and we are going to try that till the end.”

Continue reading...

Back