Metro Chief Justice of Nigeria Finally Speaks on Arrest of Judges

A

abujagirl

The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Mahmud Muhammed has described the recent arrest of judges as 'saddening'.

Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Mahmud Muhammed.jpg

The CJN spoke at a valedictory court sitting in honour of Justice Suleiman Galadima, which took place at the Supreme Court this morning. He said the National Judicial Council would meet on Tuesday to take a position on the incident.

He said, “My lords, invited guests, ladies and gentlemen, not to detract from this occasion, it is indeed very saddening and deeply regrettable, the distressing and unfortunate incident which occurred on Friday, October 7 and Saturday, October 8, 2016.

“However, I must ask all Nigerians to remain calm and prayerful, as emergency meeting of the National Judicial Council, which will take place tomorrow (Tuesday), will comprehensively look into the matter.

“Furthermore, I must express my sincere appreciation to the executive of the Nigerian Bar Association ably led by the President, Abubakar Mahmoud (SAN), and indeed all members of the legal profession for their prompt action and continued support.”

Back