Entertainment Chimamanda Adichie Becomes Face of Boots No7 make-up

A

abujagirl

Award-winning Nigerian author of 'Half a Yellow Sun' Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is the new face of Boots No7 make-up.

chima a.jpg

Speaking with Vogue, during her debut campaign for the brand, the author said, "I think much of beauty advertising relies on a false premise – that women need to be treated in an infantile way, given a ‘fantasy’ to aspire to… Real women are already inspired by other real women, so perhaps beauty advertising needs to get on board.

''The campaign launches on television, online, in print and in outdoor media on October 21, with Adichie speaking about how she used to fear being taken less seriously because of her love of make-up, but later came to embrace it as a tool, an enhancement and as part of her own identity. "I love make-up and its wonderful possibilities for temporary transformation. And I also love my face after I wash it all off,” she said in a statement. "There is something exquisitely enjoyable about seeing yourself with a self-made new look. And for me that look is deeply personal. It isn’t about what is in fashion or what the rules are supposed to be. It’s about what I like. What makes me want to smile when I look in the mirror. What makes me feel slightly better on a dull day. What makes me comfortable"

Back