Sports Chinedu Udoji Excited His Brace Subdued Wikki Tourist

Enyimba's two goal hero against Wikki Tourist on match day 31, Chinedu Udoji has said that he was excited his two goals gave his side the all important three points needed to maintain a five points lead ahead of Sunshine, who are second on the log.

Chinedu-Udoji-Enyimbafc.jpg

Udoji broke the deadlock for the two time CAF champions league winners in the 42nd minute and doubled his side's lead just seven minutes into the second half from the spot to keep the leaders strong at the zenith of the table.

The captain also revealed that they will not be carried away by their leadership on the log, insisting that they have lots of work to do in the remaining seven games before the season wraps up.

"I thank God and I am very happy I helped my team with the goals."

"The goals helped us maintain our five points lead on the log, and this means a lot to out title chase as a team,"

"We are not thinking about that now, we pray we win but there's still much work to do."

The 23-year old player, who has a contract with the Aba outfit until 2017 further revealed that God and hard work have been their secret for staying atop of the league table, hoping that come the end of the season, the NPFL title will return to the Aba Township stadium.

"God's mercy and hard work has been our motivating factor all the while."

Udoji's two goals ended his goal drought since 2010 after scoring 3rd and 4th league goals against Wikki since joining the club five seasons ago.

Back