Metro Christ Chosen Church of God Pastor impregnates church member, sells baby

A

abujagirl

upload_2013-8-25_13-5-32.png

Judgment Day came early for Pastor Emmanuel Onu as he has been arrested by the Imo State Police Command for allegedly conniving with others to sell his girlfriend’s baby for N100,000.

Pastor Onu is a pastor in Christ Chosen Church of God at Obowo LGA, Imo State.

According to Sunday Sun, Pastor Onu had connived with one Precious Adiele to sell the baby for N100,000. However, Adiele who handled the transaction gave Pastor Onu just N10, 000 instead of the N100,000 for which the baby was sold.

Trouble however, started when Nkeiru Chukwuemeka who is Pastor Onu’s girlfriend started asking to see her baby. Pastor Onu then told her that the baby had died. Nkeiru’s elder brother insisted on knowing where the baby was buried. That was when the matter went to the Otoko Police Station. That led to the arrest of some nurses of the hospital and later Dr Azuka Odike.

Dr. Odike explained that Pastor Onu came to her hospital with his girlfriend who was nine months pregnant and that on July 9, 2013, “the girlfriend was delivered of her baby in my hospital around 9.00am".

“Pastor Onu told me that the girlfriend has mental disorder and that she had strangulated her sister and her mother. Pastor Onu warned me that I had to be careful with the baby because of his wife’s condition,” she said.

“I am the one who discharged Pastor Onu‘s wife with the baby and they went away together. They alleged that I told them that the baby was dead and I have buried it.

“I could not have buried their baby. I am not in a position to bury their baby. Why are they coming three weeks after to arrest me with policemen?” the doctor queried.

On his part, the pastor said “ I am a pastor of Christ Chosen Church of God at Obowo LGA, Imo State and I was called by God in 2012. I am not married, but I impregnated my church member, Nkeiru Chukwuemeka.

“When my girlfriend wanted to deliver, I called my friend, Precious Adiele and she introduced the Angel of Mercy Hospital to me. We went to the hospital on July 8, 2013 and my girlfriend delivered on July 9, 2013. It was Dr Odike who assisted me to make sure my girlfriend delivered safely.

“Immediately, Nkieru delivered, I heard the voice of the baby. I was so happy and I left the hospital to buy some things for her. When I came back an hour later, I could not find the baby.

Pastor Onu explained further: “Dr. Odike told me that the baby was dead. I took my girlfriend back to my house and left the hospital. After some days, Nkeiru’s elder brother came to ask about our newborn baby.

“At first they didn’t see me, later when they saw me, they brought policemen that arrested me and took me to Obowo Police Station and I spent one week and two days in police custody. The elder brother of my girlfriend asked me about the baby and I told him that the baby was dead.

“I took them to the hospital at Aba where my girlfriend delivered the baby. They reported the case at Otoko Police Station and the police arrested the nurses and staff in that hospital. The following day, Dr Odike resurfaced and she was arrested. It was when police investigated the matter that they discovered that the child was still alive and not dead,” he added.

Adiele on her part said “Pastor Onu is my friend. He told me that his girlfriend was in labour. I directed them to the Angel of Mercy Hospital and the following day, Pastor Onu told me that the wife had been delivered of a baby . I told him that I would soon come and see him later because I was conducting examinations.

“ When I got to the hospital, Pastor Onu told me that the baby was dead and he didn’t want the girlfriend to know. When I went to meet the nurse they told me that the baby was alive .

“Pastor Onu told me that he didn’t want the wife to know that the baby was alive because of her mental disorder. He said he was afraid as to whether his girlfriend could take care of the baby because of her condition.”

Adiele added: “Pastor Onu asked me about who could take care of the baby. Later I introduced one Ndidi to him. Pastor Onu took the baby to Ndidi and Ndidi went away with the baby.

“I gave Pastor Onu N10,000 for recharge card and other things to cool down himself,” she said.

Back