Sports Coaching Manchester United is the toughest challenge I've had in my career - Van Gaal

Manchester United manager Louis Van Gaal has admitted that his task at Old Trafford is the most difficult challenge he has had in his coaching career.

The Red Devils have only won one of their League matches this season,drawing twice and have lost two in five matches played.

Disappointing is the manner they have shipped in goals to lower teams,giving up a two-goal lead to lose 5-3 to Leicester City last week.

And with injuries ravaging United's defence,Van Gaal acknowledged that he will have to give younger players an opportunity.

"We should have won last weekend - we had to win when we were 3-1 up," Van Gaal said

"If we had we would have been two points off second place in the table. Because of the loss you are now questioning me. If we'd have won it would be different. You can't make one incident a regular one. We will overcome things. The season lasts more than one competition day."

"At this moment it's maybe the toughest challenge [I've had in my career] but you have to wait to judge. As a manager, you know in advance you have a big challenge. This is a club in transition. The younger players can take their chances - that's the policy of the club."

He however did put the club's woes on his players abilities on the pitch.

"I don't think my players are robot. They are humans and make errors. It's about overcoming things."

Van Gaal.jpg

Back