Entertainment Comedian Joan Rivers: 32 Hard Facts in Her Life

On September 4, 2014, the global entertainment scene lost one of it's most talented voices, comedian Joan Rivers and judging from the number of tributes she received from the likes of Whoopi Goldber, Ellen DeGeneres and a host of others, to say she would be sorely missed might constitute an understatement.

Here are 32 things you probably didn't know about her - some of which you might find shocking:

• She died at 81
  • Rivers passed away on September 4, 2014 in New York
  • Aside being a comedian, she was also an actress, comedian, writer, producer, and TV host
  • Her daughter's (only child) name is Melissa Rivers (born Melissa Warburg Rosenberg)
  • Her first marriage lasted for six months
  • The name of her first husband was James Sanger
  • Her second marriage lasted over two decades
  • Her second husband, Edgar Rosenberg committed suicide in 1987
  • River's second husband committed suicide three months after he was fired as producer of 'The Late Show Starring Joan Rivers'
  • She was also fired from the show the same day her husband was fired
  • She died surrounded by family and friends
  • Joan Rivers died at Mount Sinai Hospital
  • She stopped breathing during a procedure on her vocal cords and was placed on life support
  • Her greatest joy was to make people laugh
  • She was the host of E! network's Fashion Police
  • In addition to jokes about others, she also joked about herself especially her plastic surgery
  • In 2010, she Tweeted a joke about her death, which read, "With all the plastic surgery I've had I'm worried that when I die, God won't recognize me!"
  • Her name at birth was Joan Alexandra Molinsky
  • She was born in Brooklyn, New York
  • Joan Rivers was born to a Jewish immigrants
  • Her big break came in 1965 when she appeared on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson
  • Her mentor, Carson never spoke to her again after she landed her own, short-lived late-night talk show on Fox
  • She once suggested to a TMZ reporter that the Palestinians were to blame for the Israeli-Gaza conflict
  • She practiced Judaism
  • Her style of comedy was tough-talking and satirical humour
  • She was also critical of celebrities who supported Hamas in the 2014 Israel–Gaza conflict
  • Rivers had a grandson named Cooper
  • She once developed 'bulimia nervosa' and contemplated suicide
  • After her death, the hash-tag 'Karma' was trending on Twitter at her fate in relation to her last controversy in which she said Palestinians deserved what they got for voting for Hamas
  • She authored a total of 12 books
  • On July 26, 1989, she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, in the 7000 block of Hollywood Boulevard
  • Rivers was a philanthropist

Source: WIKIPEDIA, THE BEAT FM

#JoanRivers #IsraelGazaconflict #MelissaRivers #Wikipedia #TheBeatFM

Joan Rivers - NigerianBulletin.jpg

When you have as much pure talent as Rivers had for what she did and swing into it as a career, death is bound to feel cheated. :mad::mad::mad: - At what point do you think she made up her mind to have nothing more than a single one child or was it just a stroke of circumstance? o_Oo_Oo_O

Just saw the video. Thanks for sharing. @curator Rivers always held a very strong opinion about Palestinians and the evil they allegedly perpetrated in the Israeli-Gaza conflict. That's one subject she gets very emotional about and her comments in this video reminds us where her loyalty lay.

Just saw the video. Thanks for sharing. @curator Rivers always held a very strong opinion about Palestinians and the evil they allegedly perpetrated in the Israeli-Gaza conflict. That's one subject she gets very emotional about and her comments in this video reminds us where her loyalty lay.

Well thousands died - women and children. Sometimes it is best to keep the big trap shut. If someone said this about any other conflict they would have been pulled off air and retired.

Well thousands died - women and children. Sometimes it is best to keep the big trap shut. If someone said this about any other conflict they would have been pulled off air and retired.
Truly stated @TheLeftWing - My take on this is: If you're a celebrity, you have lost the freedom to speak your mind on all subjects the way others would. If you think i'm wrong, then I'll be right here sipping my Vodka when the Demons of your comments come haunting you as made manifest in the case of Rivers. :rolleyes:

Back