Metro Corruption: Policeman Drags IGP to Buhari Over N32bn

Jamaz

A serving police officer, DCP Abduyari Lafia, who had earlier earned commendations for bursting fraud cases amounting to more than N360 million, has written a petition to President Muhammadu Buhari, against over the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris, calling for investigations into how the police chief managed series of corruption cases referred to the police in recent months.

Lafia had served as Chief of Criminal Intelligence of the Nigerian Police until he was redeployed to Police College, Kano.

The petition was also copied to the Senate President, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Minister of Interior, National Security Adviser, chairman, Police Service Commission and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Independent Corrupt Practices and other offences Commission (ICPC).

Sources in the Senate and the House confirmed at the weekend that the petition, received at the Presidential Villa on November 3, 2017, had also been received at the legislative chambers.

The petitioner claimed in the document, a copy of which was sighted by Sunday Tribune, that he was being persecuted by the IGP and was left with no other option but to convey his travails to Buhari and the National Assembly.

He alleged: The reason for my current travail is that I refused to be a conduit pipe in conveying monies as proceeds of bribe, popularly known as ‘returns’ to IGP Ibrahim Idris on high- profile fraud and corruption cases running into billions of naira and millions of Dollars, which I have, at one time or the other, investigated or provided intelligence for investigators on.”

Credit: Tribune

Attachments

• IMG_20171203_100118.jpg
    IMG_20171203_100118.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 46
Back