Metro Court Dissolves 15-Year-Old Marriage Over Constant Assault

P

ProfRem

An Ile-Ife Customary Court on Thursday dissolved the 15-year-old marriage between Grace Oladejo and her husband, Moshood over constant beating and lack of care.

dock.jpeg

The President of the court, Mr Ganiyu Awoyera, in his judgment, dissolved the marriage, and ordered that there would be no refund of dowry.

Awoyera awarded custody of the two children to the petitioner, and urged her to take them to government hospital whenever any of them fell sick.

He also ordered that the husband should pay N3, 000 every month per child for the upkeep of the children as well as take full responsibility for their education.

The court urged both parties to maintain the peace and keep away from trouble henceforth.

Grace had on Sept. 2 urged the court to dissolve the marriage for alleged uncooperative attitude and maltreatment.

She told the court that they got married in 2000 and the union was blessed with two children namely - Segun, 11, and MofunOluwa, one and half years.

The petitioner said that her husband had never cared for her and the children from inception of their marriage, adding that she endured for the sake of her children.

"I have no peace of mind since I married him that was the reason why I packed out of his house in July 18, 2014.

"I beg the court to separate us so as to have peace of mind and to be able to take good care of my children,” she pleaded with the court.

Back