Metro Court Remands Governor Ortom's Special Adviser For Colleague's Murder

P

PressRoom

A Makurdi Chief Magistrate Court has remanded the Special Adviser to Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, on Special Duties, Mr Joseph Ikyaagba, for alleged murder of his colleague who was the Senior Special Assistant on Special Security, the late Denen Igbana.
ortom.jpg
According to the prosecuting police officer, Sergeant David Swende, the chairman of vigilante group in Tionsha village where the deceased resided had on the 20th of May 2016, reported at Police ‘D’ Division that the victim was trailed by unknown gunmen to his house while returning from an official assignment.

The complainant stated that the gunmen opened fire on the late Igbana’s white Toyota Hilux with registration number SEL 230 AA as he jumped down from his vehicle in an attempt to escape.

According to him the gunmen rained bullet at him until he fell down at a neighbour’s compound making a dying declaration that “Ghana is killing me, if I die it is Ghana, it is Joseph Ikyaagba and his group that killed me”.

The complainant stated that the victim was immediately rushed to Benue State University Teaching Hospital, Makurdi where he died.

During police investigation, the 57-year old Mr Ikyaagba was arrested for allegedly committing the offence and was charged for culpable homicide punishable by death.

The Chief Magistrate, Mrs. Theresa Wergba, ordered that the accused be remanded at the Federal Prison Makurdi pending the completion of investigation and adjourned the case to August 3rd for further mention.

Source: Benue.info

Back