Sports Crystal Palace: Sam Allardyce's Words After Beating Chelsea 2-1 at Stamford Bridge

L

LequteMan

Premier league leaders Chelsea on Saturday were beaten 2-1 at the Stamford Bridge.

Fabregas' early goal was canceled by Wilfried Zaha's low drive before Christien Benteke put the visitors ahead with a lovely lob.

Chelsea created many chances for the remainder of the game but couldn't find the net. As a result of the loss, Chelsea now tops with 7 points after Tottenham defeated Burnley at home 2-0.

Speaking after the game, Crystal Palace Manager, Sam Alardyce said:

"I think our performance is typical of what seems to be the character of the side. It's the first time we’ve gone behind so early. The determination has shone through. We knew we were going to be pegged back.

"The defence was outstanding, the goalkeeper was outstanding. We could have scored more.

"The game plan worked exceptionally well.

"It's a sweet three points to come to the champions, or who I think are going to be champions, and win. This is what the Premier League is about. There can be a shock anywhere. It will make people sit up and say wow."

Wilfried Zaha on Palace's win: "I'm stunned. They're top of the league. No one would expect us to come here and do that. I'm a happy man.

"We know there's talent here, we just needed to work together. Everyone is seeing it now. We didn't factor in this result but we had to believe in ourselves.

"I'm enjoying my football again. The team believe in me and the gaffer believes in me. He let's me play freely but there's also structure to the team. I can go out there and express myself."

Attachments

• sam alardyce.jpg
    sam alardyce.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 13
Back