David Luiz is not for sale – Mourinho

C

Chris Maduewesi

Chelsea manager,Jose Mourinho has stated that the club will not sell David Luiz,despite reported interest from Barcelona.
Barcelona are keen to bolster their defence for next season and appeared to have inquired about the availabilty of the Brazilian.
But Mourinho reiterated that Luiz is an important player to the team and that there is no chance they would let him go this summer.
“No chance he is going to leave. He is a player we want to keep,”Mourinho told BT Sport.
“He is a player with four years (on his) contract, he just signed a contract last year.”
“We like him. He is an important player for the club and the club is not ready to sell him for any price,” Mourinho added.
However Luiz who was in the Brazilian team that lost 1-0 to Switzerland on Wednesday,was said to have told Chelsea of his desire to leave,which Mourinho denies knowledge of.
”I don’t know if he said that. What I can say is that he is not going to,” Mourinho added.
“The last quotes I read were Luiz saying he is not speaking about clubs when he is with the national team, which is a fantastic quote that I appreciate.
“When they are with the national team they are national team players, they are not club players.”
“That is the last quote I have and it is an intelligent one.”

Continue reading...

Back