Politics David Mark,Tinubu,Uduaghan and Anenih Meet With Obasanjo

A

abujagirl

Senate President, David Mark; Former Governor of Lagos state and the National leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu; Delta state Governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan and the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP Women Leader, Mrs. Josephine Anenih on Friday had a closed door meeting with former President Olusegun Obasanjo at his Abeokuta home.

According to LEADERSHIP, Tinubu arrived ahead of Mark and the PDP delegation. Speaking to journalists after the meeting, the former Lagos governor said, "I am here to pay homage to the former president. We want his observation on his former boys who are running for presidency in our party. What can he say about them? Nigeria at 54, we are still an invalid baby in the incubator, that is the truth. We are blessed with human capital, we have not developed it.

"We have army of unemployed graduates, stampede, maiming and injuring themselves to find their daily needs. We have not grown up.

"We don’t have good leaders, the leaders are clueless, the followers, we appear sadistic, we like being punished, because if you work for an honest system, I don’t see why a president will remove subsidy on onshore and win an election in the second week, to me, there is need for a common sense revolution"

Also speaking to journalists after the meeting, Mark said, "You know that Baba is the leader so, we have come to discuss with him and raise some basic issues that affect both the party and the nation at large. They are discussions that would move this nation forward you know his passion for this nation is unquantifiable so, we have really had a good discussion about it.”

"We are working as a party to make sure we put everybody who wants to be on board on board and congresses are coming up so I think this is normal.

Meanwhile, sources close to Obasanjo are claiming that the visit had to do with horse trading over 2015 elections.

#Obasanjo #Tinubu #APC #PDP #DavidMark #Anenih #Uduaghan

obj.jpg

Back