David Mark Urges Varsity Lecturers to Return Back to Classrooms

L

LequteMan

The Senate President, David Mark, while commissioning a lecture theatre donated to the Kano State Polytechnic on Sunday pleaded with the striking Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to return to work.

"We have reached a situation where hard line positions would worsen the situation. My plea to ASUU is to resume classes while negotiation continues.

"The strike has done enough damage to our universities. They have also made their points and I think we should reason together and end this matter once and for all.

"Nobody, including the university teachers can be said to be enjoying this crisis. It is a huge cost on government, parents, the management, staff and students themselves.

“ASUU over the years has enjoyed the sympathy of Nigerians. I am afraid, if they remain adamant on this, they would lose the sympathy and support of the people," he said.

He reiterated the inevitability of quality and functional education for the survival of any nation, saying that everything needed to be done should not be compromised, to save the education sector.

asuu strike.jpg

Back