Metro Delta: Meet The 99-Year-Old Monarch Who Drives Himself and Reads Without Glasses [Photo]

P

ProfRem

The revered HRM Ovie Richard Layeguen Ogbon Ogoni-Oghoro I JP, the Ohworode of Olomu Kingdom in Ughelli South local government Area of Delta State is the oldest educated monarch in the state, who turned 99 years in January is so blessed that he still reads without glasses, walks unaided and displays the strength of a horse.

Interestingly, the Ohworode, the monarch in company of his immediate family recently caused a stir when he drove himself in a black Lexus jeep to St. Andrew’s Anglican Church, Ogoni- Olomu for a special thanksgiving service.

ovie.JPG

According to him, “God has been magnanimous to us as a people, yet we are crawling and sleeping. Am urging every one of us to learn how to give our hearts and soul to God as this is the only way we can succeed in life.”

Speaking on the secret of his longevity, the monarch said: “God is the secret of my longevity and that is why at my age, I can still drive.”

Read More on Vanguard

Back