Entertainment Denrele Edun Robbed by 7-Man gang, Loses All Credit Cards, Passports

Channel O presenter and show host, Denrele was recently attacked by a gang of 7 daredevil armed robbers just as he was making his way out of a wedding reception in the Festac axis of Lagos.

In this single robbery attack, Denrele received a hard punch straight in the face but that was not as bad as things the armed bandits took away from him.

According to Denrele, the robbers collected all his credit cards, his international passports, his mum's passport, his valid Visa and his Mac Powder.

Narrating the ugly incident, Denrele said:

"My weekend was disastrous. I got robbed at gunpoint by 7 armed robbers around Festac area just as I left a wedding reception. As always, I was calm and controlled. Next thing, they recognized me and started screaming in their weed induced voices, 'Denrele, fun wan ni millions” (which means 'Denrele, give us millions)'. Next thing, they saw my backpack in the car... We started fighting for it and then a hot punch to my face! After so much struggling, they made away with my bag! Here’s the best part; my bag had all my Credit Cards, My international passports and Mac Powder! So, at the moment, I’m very Passport-less & Visa-less!”

He noted that somewhere during the confrontation, he actually pleaded with the robbers, a move that fell on deaf ears.

"I told them I wanted my passports - One of them was sympathetic but the others were so greedy. How many Passports? 3 in total; 2 belonged to me with all the Valid Visas you can ever imagine & the other one was my Mum’s Mauricien passport! Just in case anyone ever comes across my passports wit ID; 'Edun Adenrele Olufemi.' Abeg make una holla me o! Reward surely dey! E se gan o," he said.

#Denrele

Denrele Edun.jpg

Back