Politics Despite Owing Pensions, Wike Buys SUV's Worth Almost N500m For Federal Lawmakers

M

mrsam

The Rivers State Government has bought new SUVs – Toyota Land Cruisers – worth hundreds of millions of naira for the 16 National Assembly members from the state, despite the fact that the state is owing retired civil servants their pensions and gratuities for over three years now.

Three of the vehicles are said to be for the senators, while 13 are for the House of Representatives members.

The State Governor, Nyesom Wike, on Monday, released the vehicles in Port Harcourt to two federal lawmakers who were around, according to a Government House press statement.

The two lawmakers are Betty Apiafi and Bari Mpigi. Both are members of the House of Representatives.

wike suv's.jpg

“This is from the Government of Rivers State which you are part of,” Mr. Wike was quoted to have said, as he gave out the new vehicles. “This is to aid you to carry out your official functions in Abuja.

“Defend the interest of the state wherever you are,” he said

Mr. Wike said the vehicles were for all members of the National Assembly, irrespective of party affiliation.

The cost of the 16 vehicles should be more than N484.720 million, going by the unit price of $83,665 for a Toyota Land Cruiser in the U.S.

The N484.720 million does not include other costs such as customs duties and clearing cost.

Yeye Governor. You cannot pay tuition for scholarship students but you can buy cars. I still have my voters card.

Yeye Governor. You cannot pay tuition for scholarship students but you can buy cars. I still have my voters card.
would also be useful if those assembly members etc rejected it. This is what they spend their time lobbying for!

Is it easier to remove them and work up?

would also be useful if those assembly members etc rejected it. This is what they spend their time lobbying for!

Is it easier to remove them and work up?
The lawmakers are as stupid as their governor

Back