Didier Drogba wants to retire in USA – Kalou

• Thread starter Chris Maduewesi
  • Start date
C

Chris Maduewesi

Contrary to reports that former Chelsea striker,Didier Drogba could come back to play for the club,his Ivorien compatriot,Salomon Kalou,believes he is destined to head to the United States of America.
Both players played together at Chelsea before departing the London based club,after helping them win the 2012 UEFA Champions League.
Jose Mourinho last week hinted that Drogba could come back to the club,possibly as a player-coach in the future.
“He loves America, he always goes there for holidays and it’s a place he always enjoys,” Kalou told Goal.com
“For him to work there would be an amazing experience. I think that’s his goal and that’s where he wants to finish [his career].
“He hasn’t told me directly, but he has told me that finishing in New York or LA would be amazing experience. I know that’s in his mind right now. He would love to finish there.”
“Didier is the type of guy who never goes to a place without making an impact. For him, going to MLS is a great thing because MLS is developing as a football league.”
“I think having Didier in that league would give it an extra boost and continue to help the league develop,” Kalou added.
Meanwhile on his future,Kalou said that he is not in a rush to leave French side,Lille,with reported interests coming from English clubs,West Ham and West Brom.
“Well right now, I haven’t really talked about it, I’m working hard on my pre-season,” Kalou said.
“I’m trying to get myself ready for the season. I still have a contract with Lille. The most important thing is to stay focused and I think the club will decide in the right moment and I’ll decide at the right moment.”
“Right now, I’m not in a rush to make any decisions. I’m happy that teams are interested in me and I love the fact that even though we didn’t qualify for Champions League, I scored a few good goals.”

Continue reading...

Back