Sports Diego Costa "hardly trains" - Jose Mourinho

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has revealed that star striker Diego Costa rarely trains.

The Portuguese admitted that they are managing him in order not to lose him to a lengthy injury lay-off that will keep him out of the team.

Costa scored Chelsea's second goal on Saturday against Aston Villa,taking his tally to eight for the season.

But Mourinho said that despite Costa's goals heroics,he is "hardly training."

"He cannot be on top of his game," said Mourinho. "He's doing almost nothing in training. He's just resting and recovering from the tight muscle he has. I don't care about Diego's goals. For me it's important that the team score enough goals to win.

"I know a striker scoring goals is always nice for him and for his confidence, especially for a player like him who is not training as he should, because we are protecting him in certain situations.

Costa's fitness is so much of a problem,because he hardly play three games in a week,and he is now a doubt for next week's game Champions League game against Sporting Lisbon .

"It is a gamble to play him (Costa) in consecutive matches without a week to recover from his situation. The accumulation (of games) is the problem."

Costa.JPG

Back