Sports Diego Costa insists: I'm fit to feature for Spain next week

Diego Costa has insisted that he is fit to feature for Spain next week after playing in Chelsea's 1-0 victory over Sporting Lisbon in their Champions League game on Tuesday.

Chelsea manager had prior to the game said that Costa's persistent hamstring injury should be well managed, and advising the Spanish national team to field another striker,as he was struggling to play three matches in one week.

The 25-year old is hoping to play his part in Spain's Euro qualifiers against Slovakia and Luxembourg in the next fortnight.

Asked if there would be a "war" between Mourinho and Del Bosque regarding an international call-up, Costa said: "I don't think it's a thing that will happen.

"I played 90 minutes - it's clear that I'm okay, I feel better every time and is up to the manager. I work intensively during the week with the physios because I have had some discomfort for a while."

"I've had enough with the theme of Brazil. Now you have to leave me alone to work and make things right, even in the Spanish National Team," he added. "The truth is that that's what I need. I hope to be in good conditions and well to be with Spain."

Attachments

• Costa.JPG
    Costa.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
Back