Politics Dino Melaye: Gov Bello Will Fail and I Will be Kogi West Senator for a Long Long Time

L

LequteMan

Senator Dino Melaye is bullish about his chances of weathering the storm and remaining senator of Kogi West for a long time.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), is set to verify the process to recall him from the senate tomorrow which was initiated in his constituency.

According to Dino Melaye, the whole process is sponsored by the Kogi state governor, Yahaya Bello, because he criticized him for not paying workers' salary. The whole process is a sham, he said in an interview published by Punch.

"We will make sure that INEC carries out thorough forensic investigations into the fake signatures and thumbprints they have on their sheet. I hope that the right thing will be done by INEC and truth shall prevail over falsehood at the end of the day", he said.

He also expressed confidence of remaining senator for a long time.

"I appeal to my people to be peaceful and calm. They should be assured that I am going nowhere. My four years and more are guaranteed and Bello will fail."

Attachments

• dino melaye2.jpg
    dino melaye2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 12
Back