Sports Disappointing Man Utd taken apart by Olympiacos

Moyes.jpg

Manchester United put up yet another torrid performance as they lost 2-0 in the first leg of their round of 16 UEFA Champions League clash away at Olympiacos.

Goals in each half by Alejandro Dominguez and Arsenal loanee Joel Campbell ensured that United have a mountain to climb in the return leg at Old Trafford next month.

It was one of the worst European performances for Manchester United,akin to the nights they lost to FC Basle in 2011 and Lille in 2005.

United currently languishing in sixth with an overwhelming eleven points gap behind Liverpool in fourth place,this competition looked like their only viable means of getting back into the Champions League next season.

But they were slow and just managed to get a shot on target in the 89th minute of the game.

Dominguez's clever backheel put the Greeks in front,misdirecting Giannis Maniatis' shot ,to beat a wrong-footed David De Gea for the opening goal.

Campbell made it two after the restart,scoring a 25-yard curler to give his side a two goal lead.

Both Robin Van Persie and Wayne Rooney failed to draw a save from the Olympiacos keeper,Roberto who was very comfortable in goal.

Though Van Persie wasted a glorious opportunity to score in the 81st minute of the game,it was about the closest they came to scoring a goal.

Manchester United will depart Greece knowing that they didn't do enough as was expected of them,being the only seeded team so far that failed to win their game.

They have had a very bad season but the manner with which they lost to Olympiacos is just inexcusable.

Mancity, Arsenal, Manu Down, One more to go, I hope Chelsea looses today:)
"Conspiracy Theorist" I can make a case for City and Arsenal. They were both in the game till they went a man down against Barcelona and Bayern respectively. Same cannot be said of United though,the man above knows more,because Arsenal and City can conveniently defeat Olympiacos. As for Chelsea,wait till they play their own game before the jury comes out.

Maybe Drogba against Chelsea,because Mancini has never won any of his four meetings against Mourinho. Virtual betting is in the pipeline,will be out soon,you want to punt?

Yeah, I wanna punt. :D

@Bolded, I want history to repeat itself. Maybe England's FA will start looking out for it's top football clubs now that they aren't making progress in Europe anymore.

Back