Metro Drama As Landlord Seizes Tenant's Pot of Soup Over Rent

P

PressRoom

In what could be described as shocking, a landlord at Bassa neighborhood in Douala, Cameroon has seized the pot of soup of one of his tenants for owing 6months rent.

Cameroon-concord reports that efforts made by other tenants to convince the landlord to return the pot of chicken soup was met with stiff resistance.

The landlord bitterly commented: “this man has money to prepare chicken but does not have money to pay for his rents, has not paid his rents for the past six months.

upload_2017-6-7_11-40-20.png

Each time I ask him to leave my house, he states me some articles of the Penal Code indicating that I might get into serious trouble with the forces of law and order if I kick him out within two months without notice.”

Other tenants remarked that the landlord has been very lenient with their neighbor ever since he started refusing to pay his rents but it has never degenerated to this stage.

‘It is just today we are learning the tenant had been quoting sections of the Penal Code to scare the landlord away,’ one of the tenants said.

Back