Metro DSS interviews mother of Stowaway Teenager

KemiO

Evelyn-Oikhena.jpg

Mrs Oikhena(left) Daniel Oikhena(Right)

Department of State Services, DSS, officials in Edo State have interrogated the mother of the 15-year-old Daniel Oikhena, who surfaced from the wheel compartment of an Arik Air flight from Benin Airport to Lagos, last Saturday.

Speaking to the officials Mrs Evelyn Oikhena said her son was at home with his siblings while she was away at her elder sister's place who just put to bed. She learnt on Saturday morning that her son had disappeared from home after a quarrel with his elder sister. Worse, was when her sister-in-law in Germany called her to inform her that Daniel's story was all over the Internet

She added that she had informed the police, family members, church and friends of her son's disappearance.

This makes it sound like his running away wasn't premeditated. I'm still stumped. And to think that I thought making away illegally on a flight required a lot of mental and strategical work.

u know that is just the mothers story. well i think the boy knew what he was doing but i just cant tell how he made it to the wheel compartment without getting noticed by the flight officials

Back