Sports Eagles will win next CHAN tournament - Oboabona

Super Eagles defender Godfrey Oboabona is confident Nigeria will win the next edition of the African Nations Championship(CHAN)

Nigeria in its maiden appearance at the CHAN tournament,finished third in South Africa,beating Zimbabwe 1-0 to win bronze.

Oboabona helped qualify Nigeria for the CHAN tournament but didn't take part in the competition,having secured a move to Turkish side Rizespor from Sunshine Stars.

The defender believes Nigeria was the best team at the tournament,and is already tipping them to win the next edition in Rwanda.

“I trust that at the next tournament Nigeria will win it, even as most people rightly agreed that we were the best team at the CHAN tournament,” Oboabona is quoted as saying on Premium Times.

“I just left the country a few months ago and many of the players were calling me in the course of the tournament to get inspiration and support. Some of them were even saying I should have been there but I saw most of the games and my colleagues like Azubuike Egwuekwe and Kunle Odunlami, were simply fantastic,” he said.

He also commended the efforts of the technical crew led by Stephen Keshi and also the leadership of the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF).

“The NFF has been supporting our coach and his programmes and that has been the reason why we have so many players of international standard from Nigeria,” he said.

Godfrey-Oboabona1.jpg

Back