Entertainment Ebube Nwagbo, Adaora Ukoh, Other Nigerian Celebrities Mourn Joan Rivers

It was a pool of mixed reactions from Nollywood actress, Ebube Nwagbo, Adaora Ukoh and other Nigerian celebrities over the death of American fashion critic and comedian, Joan Rivers.

Rivers, 81, died on Thursday after she stopped breathing a week earlier while undergoing a minor throat procedure at a hospital in New York City.

Ukoh described her as a source of fun for many and saluted her contribution to the development of comedy and fashion globally.

"I can't stop loving her even in death; she was a whole lot of fun. I wish her daughter would grant her the awesome fun burial she wished for. But to say the least, `Fashion Police’ has just lost the real touch. Her life was well spent and thoroughly fulfilled and inspiring. I want to be like her or even more when that time is up. No boring death. May her feisty soul rest in the bosom of the Lord," Ukoh said.
Below are reactions from other Nigerians:

Fashion critic, Lastasha Ngwube:
"As the queen of Red Carpet criticism and jokes, she was unparalleled. Fashion and entertainment have lost a gem and `Fashion Police’ will never be the same again. What a sad day for the industry."

Comedian, Dan D’Humourous:
"First Robin Williams, now Joan Rivers who had been in the game for about 60 years and had become a legend. She was a bold, daring, dexterous and a master of her own art; ‎she will be missed no doubt. 'Fashion Police’ will never be the same again and at least, the Kardashian family, as well as the dysfunctional ones, will heave a sigh of relief."

Actress, Ebube Nwagbo:
"I will miss her influence on the industry, especially, on ‘Fashion Police.' She is a great loss because of what she had done and what she represents but at her age, we should thank God for her life. She looked really sprite for someone in her 80s and I really wished she would beat death this time for the time being, but God knows best."

Comedian, Senator:
"I wouldn’t say it’s a shock per se because she was getting old and was on life-support for a while. So, her chances of survival were slim. Her death is a minus to the world."

Rivers is survived by a daughter who has revealed that she would be buried on September 7, 2014.

#JoanRivers #AdaoraUkoh #EbubeNwagbo #JoanRiversBurial

Ebube Nwagbo.jpg

Back