Politics Economy: I Wanted To Go On Exile – President Buhari

P

ProfRem

President Muhammadu Buhari said yesterday that he considered going on exile if the harvests are not good for two consecutive years.

He said this at the Presidential Villa in Abuja yesterday while receiving the National Council of Traditional Rulers led by the Sultan of Sokoto Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar.

Buhari said: “We are lucky that last year and this year, the rainy season is good. If it were not good, I must confide in you that I was considering which country to run to. But God answered the prayers of many Nigerians; the rainy season last year was good, and this year, with the report I’m getting, it is good. We thank God for that. Otherwise, there would have been a lot of problems in this country.”

BuhariJet.JPG

He blamed the present economic challenges in the country on the mismanagement of public resources over the years.

Buhari, who pledged to continue to pursue programmes and projects that would improve the lots of the masses, said the nation ought to be able to use its population to its advantage.

President Buhari said security, economy and the fight against corruption remained the priorities of his administration.

Back